Symply Tomato Tortellini Soup
This Soup is delicious but it’s more suited for cold weather. It warms you up to the point of sweating if you try eating this in warm weather. I found out the hard way this evening.
The recipe is very simple.
3 cans of tomato soup
2 cups of almond milk
1 can of water
1 package of refrigerated tortellini (I used a spinach tortellini)
1 tomato on the vine cut into chunks
1 small yellow onion
Fresh basil, chopped
Cracked black pepper
2 links of vegan italian sausage (I use Field Roast brand)
1. Cook tortellini according to package instructions. Set aside.
2. Sauté onions, garlic and tomato together in a little olive oil.
3. Cut sausage into chunks and sauté.
4. Combine all ingredients with 3 cans of tomato soup, 2 cans of milk and 1 can of water.
5. Heat and serve with garlic toast.
Remember. I don’t measure ingredients. I just do what feels right. I made this up as I went along today. It passed the “Husband Test” so its good to go!